Monday 14 July 2014

Huge UK ELF haul!!


So when I received an email saying they were offering 51% off to celebrate their birthday I couldn't resist! I have never tried elf products before and have read a lot about them, all the reviews and videos I have watched seem to be very possitive and so I thought why not give it a go! So here is what I ordered ...
Huge ELF haul! 

Lipstick, £1.95- 
These are the classic lipsticks from elf retailing for just £1.95 each. For the price they are amazing! Very moisturising and pigmented, they don't last a brilliant amount of time on the lips but you can't complain for the price! I tried out the shades captivating, fantasy and classy (in order on the picture).


Luscious liquid lipstick, £1.95- 
These are simply just a liquid lipstick, they come in a twisty tube with a sponge type applicator on the end where the liquid comes out. They glide smoothly  onto the lips and are quite pigmented. They do feel the tiniest bit sticky but nothing to major, but for the price I am very pleased :) I tried out the shades "bark" and "raspberry" (picture shows raspberry and then bark) and these retail for just £1.95.  



Studio matte lip colour, £3.95-
This is a pencil type lip product and I love it! It's a lovely smooth moisturising product that applies amazing on to the lips and is very pigmented! Doesn't last all day but you can simply just re apply when it starts to fade! I got the shade "tea rose" which is a lovely light pink shade, gutted I didn't order a few more shades! For £3.95 I am amazed with it :) 


Pluming lip glaze, £1.95- 
This is a double application lip gloss, firstly you apply the clear gloss which starts to stimulate your lips, when you first put this on it tastes minty and makes you lips tingle slightly, The clear gloss does feel slightly sticky. If you want to add colour to your lips you apply the tinted gloss onto which adds colour but also adds a bit of moisture and takes away the stickiness. I am actually very impressed with this product, I can definitely see a difference with the "plumping" effect, and for £1.95 what can I say! Love it :) I tried this in the shade "plum pout".


Wet gloss lash and brow clear mascara, £1.95-
This is a double sided tube that contains clear lash mascara and a clear brow mascara. I bought this for my brows and probably won't ever use it on my lashes but so far so good! I applied it on my lashes over the top after using my brow pencil to add colour and they stayed in place all day! Perfect for those little fly aways that get brushed out of place easily, which is basically my whole eyebrows! So this products a miracle for me :) this retails for just £1.95!! 

High definition powder, £6.95-
This is a loose powder which is suppose to create a "soft focus" effect on your skin. I found that applying this all over my face gave my skin a softer appearance but minimising my fine lines and any imperfections I have. It's not the most amazing product as a lot of people make it out to be but it's definitely improved the look of my skin slightly. So I think this is a keeper in my makeup bag :) this is available for £6.95 and I tried it in the shade "translucent". 


Nail polish, £2.50-
I actually got this nail polish for £1.00! As it was in the "last chance" section, It is still available but I'm not sure for how much longer. I think this is just your average nail varnish, applies nicely, maybe could do with two coats depending on how deep you want the colour and dries reasonably quick :) I chose the shade "party purple" which is a shimmery deep purple, it's a lovely colour  but I think I'm going to save it for the winter months :) 


All over colour stick, £1.95-
I bought these as they seemed like a handy little product to have as they can be used for several areas of the face. I got 4 different shades the first two were "golden peach" and "pink lemonade" I got these as I liked the look of the colours and they can be used for both cheek colour and lip colour which I thought was fab! The third one I chose was "spotlight" I got this to use on my cheeks as a nice creamy highlighter. The final one was in "ivory" this one I thought would be handy for an all over the face application or simply just using it as a concealer. All of these colour sticks are very creamy and apply now and smoothly to the skin, the application is so easy and they blend in really well. They are available in lots of colours and retail for £1.95 :) (picture shows pink lemonade, spotlight, golden peach and then ivory) 

Bronzer with brush, £2.50- 
I got this bronzer as I was looking for an all over ace bronzer that was not shimmery, and when I noticed the shade "truly-bronzed matte" I couldn't resist for £2.50! It's a nice little bronzer but is not overly pigmented so it does take quite a lot to notice the colour on my skin. Not the most amazing bronzer but for the price I can't really complain :) 


Complete coverage concealer, £3.95-
As soon as I saw this I had to have it, £4 for 4 different shades of light concealer is amazing. It has a lovely creamy texture that glides on to the skin nicely, it blends in really well and personally I think it has quite a good coverage that is not too thick. It's comes in a little case with a handy little brush to apply with if you don't like to use your fingers. For the price I certainly recommend this product, I bought it in the shade "light". 


Lip exfoliator, £3.95-
I finally found one! Been after a good, not so pricey lip exfoliator for so long and I finally found one! It has a gorgeous scent to it which you can taste when you apply it. You apply it in circular motions to your lips, this removes any dry and chapped skin leaving your lips feeling soft and nourished, and it really does work! I use this before applying my lip products to ensure the colour will not crack and my lip will stay smooth  :) 


Lip stain, £3.95-
These are a double ended liquid lip product, one end contains a silky matte colour and the other contains a clear gloss. I found that the colour has a nice application when applying it your lips but can feel a little bit sticky, although when you apply the gloss over the top (if you want a glossy look rather than a matte one) then your lips no longer feel sticky they feel smooth and moisturised. They have a decent durability on your lips and the colour lasts a reasonable amount of time. I got these in the colours "mysterious" and "red carpet" and retail for £3.95. 



Lip stain, £2.95-
This is a pen stain rather than a liquid "lipgloss" type stain. I prefer these as once they dry you forget your even wearing them and you don't have to worry about them being sticky. These apply nicely to the lips and certainly do stain, this lasted all day and is now one of my fave prouducts, especially for the price! I got this in the shade "berry blush".


Long wear lip liner, £1.95-
I got these as I didn't own a single lip liner and thought I really should give them a go. For the price I would say I am impressed they lasted a good few hours but they began to fade, the application was easy as they just glided on smoothly and blended in really well with my lips/lip colour. I got these in the shades natural blush, bark, bitter and mauve luxe. These are available for £1.95 in various shades :)


Moisturising lip stick, £3.95-
I bought this as any lipstick with the words "moisturising" appeal to me as I suffer with dry lips quite a lot. I chose the shade "wink pink" which is a really natural shade of pink. Te lipstick is very rich and creamy and certainly nourishes and hydrates my lips. It lasts quite a lengthy amount of time but I did have to top up a few times throughout the day :) very pleased with this lipstick for the price! 


Tone correcting concealer, £1.95-
This stood out to me as I have a little patch on the side of my face that doesn't blend in very well with my face which was caused from sunburn. So I thought id give this ago to try and even out my skin tone and help it to blend in when I apply my makeup. It covered up the imperfections just slightly, so it helped a little, not the best but not bad for just £2! :) I tried this in the shade "light beige".


Studio stipple brush, £3.95-
This was just an extra I added to my basket just for the fun of it! I've heard lots of good reviews about the elf brushes so thought I would give one a go. This brush feels amazingly soft! It's very good for apply powder and liquid products and it's especially good for adding definition to your face such as the cheek bones or highlighting. 

Sooo... Overall I would say my first elf experience was a huge success! Love the products and for the price.. Amazing! Certainly will be going back to them! :) 

No comments:

Post a Comment